top of page
Manufactured Homes

Mobile Home Glossary

Mobile home industry workers use a lot  words and phrases than they do in other areas of work and stick built home. They are so common for us, that we often forget to mention the terms to others.

We decided to identify some of these words. This should be a reference point for any one who may be confuse of the Terms we use in Mobile Home Industry. 



Manufactured Home

Manufactured home is a type of prefabricated home that is largely assembled in factories and then transported to sites of use.

Mobile Home

The most commonly used term now for " Manufactured Home".

Mobile Home Dealer

A mobile home dealer is required to help you purchase a mobile house. You can't purchase a mobile home directly from the manufacturer. Instead, you must buy through a dealer. Mobile home dealers in some states must be licensed.

Manufactured Home Park

A lot or land that typically rented by the residents for their Mobile or Manufactured Home.

US Department of Housing and Urban Development

 It administers federal housing and urban development laws.

Single Wide Mobile Home

Single Wide Mobile Home runs from 11 feet wide to 18 feet wide. It usually has 1 bathroom and 1-2 bedrooms.

Double Wide Mobile Home

Double wide Mobile Home runs from 28 feet to 32 feet. 

Triple Wide Mobile Home

Triple wide Mobile Homes runs from 43 feet to 70 feet. You can have 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.

HUD Label or Tags

The Certification Label also known as HUD Tag, is a identification metal plate that is attached to your Mobile Home.


Statement or Evidence of ownership.

Siding Panel

The siding is the exterior covering of the home that protects from the elements, such as pets, insects and heat loss.


Skirting is also known as "underpinning", wraps around the bottom edge of the mobile home to cover the crawl space below it. Skirting protects and insulate the under space of your Mobile/Manufactured Home.

Truss Systems

A truss is essentially a triangulated system of straight interconnected structural elements, that supports roofs, windows and floors.

bottom of page